An Introduction/ My Inspiration

By 10:27 PM






fashion blog
 
An Introduction
        Heeeeyyy yoouuuu C: How are you today? I hope you're doing great. If you aren’t I hope your day gets better soon! Okay now let me introduce myself. My Name is Funmi. That's foooo like in "food", and mi as in "me" Funmi. This is my first ever blog post, and my mind is being blown because I’m just so excited!
 
        Here is a little information about me. I am 21 years old, soon to be 22 (I'm old :'C), I am currently finishing my 4th year at university and should be getting my bachelor's degree in biology this year. My dream is to go to UC Davis School of Medicine and specialize in Dermatology. Besides that I have a passion for art, beauty, decor, design, and style. I'm a geek, but a stylish one, and I'm not apologizing for it. Which brings me to my next point.......



fashion blog


My Inspiration
        Along with my YouTube channel, I started this blog because I wanted to share with people that it is okay to be beautiful, stylish and smart all at the same time. Here's my story...


        I have always loved things having to do with beauty and fashion, but I also am interested in medicine. While in my journey as an undergraduate majoring in biology, I found that because I was part of the "smart" kids crew (you know the ones that are in science labs all day), I felt I should tone down my fashion and beauty personality. I didn't feel like myself, and I always felt self-conscious whenever I did look a little "too done up". It felt like I didn't belong.


        I would constantly feel bad that the things I wanted to talk about weren't always just science, medicine, or school related. I missed the enjoyment of observing people and their style, the setting I am in after all isn't exactly the place for conversations about those things to thrive. Because of this I always felt like the odd one out. Everyone around me would only be talking about school, science, or medicine, and whenever I would bring up anything fashion or beauty related I would just get blank stares. For fear of not being takin seriously, and being over the top I started turning off that part of me. For a while i felt conflicted and at arms with myself. I started to feel less motivated and just down, until one day I found I just didn't care anymore. I had had enough...

        It was fall and I recently gone shopping for some fall esque wear. I had gotten this really nice wide brim wool cap, and the whole time I was buying it all I could think was, "where am I even going to wear this to? It's too eye catching...maybe I shouldn't." I mean when everyone else around you is just wearing jeans (not nicely fitted by the way), and the free T-shirt they got from whatever campus event, sneakers that are falling apart, and their hair in all types of sorts.... walking in with that hat and a mini black and white cheetah print dress and an aztec fringe cardigan with black knee high sock pair with some booties... kind of made me feel "unprofessional", and like I wouldn't be taken seriously. But of course I bought the hat anyway.

        The next Monday, all I could think about was that hat and how much I wanted to wear it I seriously couldn't take my eyes off of it. I got dressed, fixed my face, and ate breakfast, all the while trying to convince myself not to wear the hat. As I was leaving my apartment all i could think about was the hat sitting in my closet. I locked the door and walked down the stairs. The warm sunlight hit my skin and the cool fall breeze blew past me. I closed my eyes inhaling deep through my nose and knew instantly. My eyes shot open and I said, "I don't care... I'm getting my hat!" I ran back up the stairs and stumbled through my front door and in a frenzy barged into my bedroom door, into my closet and slammed the hat snug on my head. A wide smile melted across my face and I didn't care what anyone thought. I was happy and I looked GOOD!


fashion blog
 

My Conclusion

        Since then I don't take a second thought in expressing what I feel in how I dress or do my makeup. If I feel like doing a bold red lip, even though I'm going to be in a biochemistry lab all day, I'm rocking a bold red lip. Who cares?! I'm brains and beauty! I want to help people who are even remotely like me stay in tune with both of their sides and not be sorry for it. My moto to that is "Hwat Geeks Geeking Out" (HGGO *C is for copyright!*) 


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hello Dear! I really like your Blog. You have interesting Posts. Would you like to support each other and follow via Bloglovin and/or GFC? That would be so cool and i hope we stay in touch. :)

    Greetings, Sophia xx
    Instagram: sophiaton_
    Blog: www.sophias-fashion.de 

    ReplyDelete