Indulgent Butterscotch Pancakes

By 6:58 PM

 
Tell me your mouth isn't watering...
 
 
 
Pancake recipe



       I love pancakes! Who doesn't love pancakes! I remember when I was young I would watch my father make pancakes. He made them differently from my mother, but I liked his way because they just came out so deliciously! instead of using oil to cook them, he used butter. He didn't add an egg, and instead of using water like the package says to do, he used milk. The results were just absolute deliciousness... maybe a little more calorie heavy, but its not like I eat them ever day or weekend. I have these special pancakes once in a few months at most. Though I love my fathers recipe I of coarse had to take my own spin on things. Because I love the way cooking it with butter instead of oil gave the outside of the pancake a slight melty, buttery crisp, I thought it would be a good idea to just add butter to the batter itself. And let me tell you it just melts in your mouth... and onto your midsection, but who's worried!


Things you need...

2 cups pancake or waffle mix
1 1/2 cup milk (what ever kind you like)
1/3 cup butter
1 cup butterscotch chips
* extra butter
Pancake recipe

How to make this deliciousness...

Step 1- mix the pancake/waffle mix with the milk
            * You should probably melt your butter

Step 2- mix in your butterscotch chips

Step 3- mix in the melted butter

Step 4-  on low medium heat, heat a pan with about a teaspoon of butter
              * Tip make pancakes on low medium heat, and after each pancake remove the pan from the
                 stove top for about 15 second to avoid the pan getting too hot and cooking the outside of
                 the pancake too quickly

Step 5-When the butter is melted spread it around and add -in what ever method you choice- your
            batter. ( I used a soup ladle to scoop it about half way full)
             

Step 6- When the edges of the pancake start cooking into the center, test to see if the pancake is
             flip able. If you are sure you can flip it without making a big mess, flip it over to the other
             side     
                 * Tip the opposite side doesn't take as long to cook because its already 75% cooked
                     through by the time you flip it over if you've done it correctly, so keep an eye on it!



Pancake Recipe
Don't let the brown spots scare you! Its just caramelized butterscotch chips!
Its not burnt!


Step 7- After about 1 min remove the pancake and repeat steps 5-7 until there is no more batter left.
               * Tip after each pancake wipe the surface of the pan with a paper towel to avoid
                  discoloring your future pancakes with burnt butter. you can do this while you take your
                  pan off of the stove top.

This recipe makes about 5-8 decent sized deliciousness

I HOPE YOU ENJOY THEM! If you make it tag me in instagram, twitter, or tumblr @Beautifufu I wanna see!

Pancake recipe

You Might Also Like

0 comments